Gastroenterologist or specialist physician - hepatologist?

Μy mother visites the gastroenterologist who is in the hospital who has her medical history. He is the director of deparment and good enough as the rest personnel says. But my advice is to go to a special hepatologist. The next check up is in three months, until then I will convince her. whats your opinion?

Hello Stephen! Thanks for the advice! A friend of mine who has wilson's desease...introduce to me her hepatologist...and i think that in the next check-up we will visit him!!!

Greetings from Greece!!!