Transplant Listing Today!

Dear Friends,

I am very thankful to let you all know that today my insurance company approved my liver transplant at Duke, also coverage for living donor transplant. They also have approved for me to be listed in another region here in North Carolina. There are 2 regions in North Carolina. This is a wonderful answer to prayer. Thank you to all who prayed during this evaluation for me.

I was even pleasantly surprised to find out that since the second region in North Carolina which is in Charlotte is over 2 hours from my home, that they will pay for all travel & lodging expenses. This includes the evaluation there, office visits and lodging after the transplant up to $10,000.00 max. What a blessing.

Of course for my family it will be better to be transplanted at Duke in Durham as that's only 1 hour from the house. We'll just have to see what happens.

Good night all!

Mark

Stephen,

I have two siblings and a childhood friend who have volunteered to be tested for possible living donors. I do not wish to exercise this option though unless its absolutely necessary. Thanks for asking though.

Mark

Congratulations Mark... I can only imagine how much this must mean to you and the family right now! Sending positive thoughts, prayers and best wishes your way. I sincerely hope it all works out for you x