Transplant Anniversary

Very thankful to be able to celebrate the 4-year anniversary of my liver transplant 7-23-2015. I would not be here today without that life-saving transplant. I was thankful to have the privilege this past weekend to meet two of my donors siblings when I was at the cemetery to lay flowers on his grave. I appreciated the time we had together. May we who have been given this gift of life freely pour out to others suffering with this awful disease words of encouragement and help. May we all live life to its fullest with hope today for a bright tomorrow! Here are a few photos I just wanted to share with the group. Thanks for all your support.

Mark
PSC 2011 / Liver Transplant 2015

donate_life-for-powerpoint-300x300

5 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing, Mark. So encouraging to us all.

Blessings!

Congratulations, Mark, on this important anniversary!
And thank you for providing help and guidance on this site. I have taken your advice to heart many times, in replies to my posts and to others.
And thanks to your donor and his family, for being open, forward thinking, and extremely generous.
All the best to you in days to come!

Thank you Mark for all the encouragement and the support on this Website!
All the best to you!

Thankyou for sharing. You are an inspiration to us.

Thank you Mark for sharing. We appreciate the hope and I truly pray to see the day that disease can be cured.

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing.
Blessings!

God bless you and your donor. We pray for our donor every night, although we haven’t received word from her family . Miraculous experience.

Thank you RoseSharron. We didn’t hear for many months after transplant. Some donor families just don’t want to meet. However, you may want to try sending another letter through the transplant center to them again at some point. They may be willing to communicate with you. It was a very precious privilege me and my family have had to get to know them some although it is couched with the grief they continue to bear in the loss of a precious son.

Mark

1 Like

Welcome back, Rose. I hope good things are happening with you.
Jeff

Jeff, good to be here. Unfortunately though we are facing another daunting issue in that his local gastro thinks his colon should be entirely removed. Colonoscopy last month found a lesion and lots of precancerous tissue . We have a meeting with his tx doctor in New York next week. He is only 19 mos post transplant and has been doing phenomenally well renovating house on weekend and teaching all week. Now this news is so much to bear for him , my mind and heart ache over it…looking for any referrals for a PSC expert we could consult for 3rd opinion!

Today marks my 5 year transplant anniversary. I have so much to be thankful for every day. For those still waiting for theirs do not give up hope!

Mark

2 Likes

Glad you’re still alive and kicking.

Hi Mark,

That is one powerful post Sir. Thanks for making it. And it reminds me my 8th transplant anniversary is coming up next week and if I forgot to send my sister a card, well, that would not be at all cool since she was my doner! RJM