3-Year Transplant Anniversary

This weekend marks my 3-year transplant anniversary. I wanted to post this weekend giving gratitude and thanksgiving to the Lord first of all for sparing my life when I was at the point of death, and secondly to thank my donor family for honoring their sons wishes to be an organ donor should he die. I was very fortunate to meet my donor family 2 years ago and yesterday I had the privilege to lay flowers at his grave. It is hard for friends and family to fully understand the deep gratitude you have for your donor and for the gift of life you receive unless they too have personally experienced it. It’s hard to put into words but I am deeply humbled and thankful for my donor Markeith Cobb, a 20-year-old young man with a full life ahead of him, that lost his life tragically in an auto incident in the prime of his life. I am posting a few photos as I remember him today.

Mark Wilson
PSC 2011 / Liver Transplant July 23, 2015

Mark at Gravesite

!
Card left with flowers

Markeith Cobb - Donor

5 Likes

So powerful and humbling. Thanks for sharing that Mark.

1 Like

Hello Mark: Praise God and congratulations!
you look very healthy!

so are your blood numbers totally normal?
do you feel 100% again?

do you take any other liver medication besides organ rejection meds?

1 Like

Beautiful Mark,
Thank you for sharing.
Peace and Blessings to you and Markieth’s family.
Jennifer

1 Like

What a touching tribute to a wonderful and giving person. May Markeith’s soul be richly rewarded for the brave and selfless sacrifice he made through his generous decision while here on this earth.

God Bless Markeith and Mark Wilson
Bill Kamer

1 Like

Thanks for all your kind words. Mark, you asked about lab numbers. I thought perhaps I’d share with you several PDF’s I’ll post. Two are my Pre-Transplant labs and the other two were taken just a week or so ago. You will notice my bilirubin was around 10.5 right before transplant. Today it stays around .5 to .9 Big difference I’ll say. I want to encourage you that are still fighting with this disease, that when your time comes for transplant and if you are fortunate to get one, it will be the beginning of the best time of your life after getting rid of this deadly disease. The surgery is a breeze compared with dealing with PSC. I wish you all the very best in the days ahead. Take a look at the attached labs.

MarkMark’s Labs_CMP_Pre-Transplant 2015.pdf (240.7 KB)
Mark’s Labs_CBC_July 2018.pdf (191.6 KB)
Mark’s Labs_CBC_Pre-Transplant 2015.pdf (303.5 KB)
Mark’s Labs_CMP_July 2018.pdf (320.8 KB)

Thank you for sharing your journey. Your experience has helped us greatly. It also shows the power of organ donation. God bless.
Mike

Thank you for sharing, Mark, and happy 3 year anniversary! I want to thank you for giving so much of your time helping myself and others on this site and on other forums by sharing your knowledge and experience of your pre- and post-transplant PSC journey. Let’s be honest, it sucks to be part of this club, but your support helps make it a lot more manageable.

Hi Mark, Congrats on your 3 year anniversary…and thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and your experiences…it is greatly appreciated…Dave