Small duct PSC

I been diagnosed with small duct PSC. What can i expect ? I am interested in experience of people with small duct PSC.

Thnxs

My son was diagnosed by Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida in 2012. They said, “As best as I can tell Phillip may have small bile duct PSC”. Phillip has indications of PSC, but they think if he has it that he is in the very early stages. He is asymptomatic. All of his indications are based on the fact that he has Ulcerative Colitis and elevated liver enzymes. He has had his blood drawn every 2 weeks for 2 years. After 1 year he began taking URSO and his liver enyzmes returned to normal. They have been in the normal range for 1 year. Phillip is taking 150mg of Azathiaprine for Ulcerative Colitis. Phillip is supposed to have a Colonoscopy every year and a Abdominal Ultrasound every other year. We are in a wait and see mode…praying for a good outcome.

Hello Seuss, this lowering of liver enyzimes to normal is wery good prognosis for your son. As i read in 2 articles normalization of liver enzymens means: Improvement of serum alkaline phosphatase to <1.5 upper limit of normal predicts better outcome and reduced risk of cholangiocarcinoma in primary sclerosing cholangitis.And i hope that yours son PSC stays just in small verzion with no need for transplantation and no active UC.:) What about ANCA is it positive?