Pain

I am a bit curious, does anyone else have pain in their upper right quadrant? If so, what do you do for it and what is it from?

Thanks for your feedback

Ferretlove.

I get some occasional, momentary pains there. It's just enough to get my attention, then it dissipates.

This disease is known to cause pain there. I tend torture myself by joking that every time I feel a pain there, another bile duct bites the dust. But that is a bit morbid, and is not the case.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. That is hilarious. Now I'm picturing bile ducts turning into dust. LOL.

Cathie

JeffDC said:

I get some occasional, momentary pains there. It's just enough to get my attention, then it dissipates.

This disease is known to cause pain there. I tend torture myself by joking that every time I feel a pain there, another bile duct bites the dust. But that is a bit morbid, and is not the case.

Jeff

Hi Dennis

I haven't had alcohol or fried food in years. Oddly enough I don't even miss it. It is kind of weird I have had constant pain in that area since I got sick. I had 2 days about a month ago where I didn't have pain. Those were lovely days and made me almost feel normal. :)

Ferretlove

Dennis said:

That's where the liver is, but I guess you already knew that. I only get pains there right before a flare up and then it's already too late to do anything about it. Try to avoid getting a flare up is what I do: taking my urso, no fried foods and no alcohol.

If I have pain there, it's usually because of the angle I'm sitting at. Church pews and the back of certain vehicles have the wrong angle for sitting. A pillow behind my mid-back can help. Have you tried that?

A while back my boss asked if I was feeling well, I told him I a a bit of pain on my right side. He said I can tell, you put your hand there or rub your side when you are hurting. I hadn't even noticed..

Right side upper abdomen pain is common, although I think my PSC is still pretty light, and if I eat right I can go months without pain. For me avoiding fatty and fried foods, alcohol, as well as carbonated drinks, (that might just be UC pain) keep me in good shape.

I don't have advanced cirrhosis but I have pain all the time. Sometimes very sharp but most of the time dull and feels like a balloon is being blown up under my ribs. Any suggestions about pain medications?

Thanks

Stephen said:
Hello Ferretlove,

I often feel pain in my RUQ. It tends to be a stabbing pain but I suspect it's because I have advanced Cirrosis.
Hi Stephen, I hope you find this message well. When you experience pain in your RUQ, does it cause discomfort in the same area in your back?

Triple r

Usually the pain is caused by inflammation
J

I pretty much have pain all the time, very dull but it’s there. Haven’t had a biopsy to stage it yet. I feel that changing sitting positions helps a bit.