Mri

Dear All,

I know I haven't been around for awhile, but I have had some challenges to deal with and in addition to that my laptop has been giving me trouble ( I know in the big scheme of things it is nothing, but when everything else is challenging, sometimes it is the small things that push you over the edge. :)

My daughter's liver numbers are not doing too well and on the 2nd July 2014 they were as follows:

ALT: 780

AST: 1205

GGT: 276.

Tomorrow she is going for her MRI at 6.30 p.m.

I am just hoping and praying that her numbers have settled back down as her nurse practitioner suggested they might and it is not something bigger.

Kind regards as always,

PrincessD's Mum

Hi Princes D Mom

Those are high and it must be so alarming! My pre-transplant scores were higher so maybe some wiggle room. The issue will be the damage they see in the MRI and perhaps another ERCP is in your daughter’s future.

The blood results to watch pre-transplant are the ones affecting the MELD score which is based on the Bilirubin, creatinine (kidney function test) and INR scores.
http://www.mdcalc.com/meld-score-model-for-end-stage-liver-disease-12-and-older/

My son was a live donor for me and we are both fine.
Believe in hope and miracles!

Ruby

Dear Stephen and Ruby,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I don't know the results of the MRI. I guess they will explain it to me when we go to see the consultant.

Thank you for all the support. I have to believe in miracles.

Take care for now.

PrincessD's Mum

Good morning Stephen,

How are you? That would be know problem. I will definitely post them up here. Yes, that would be nice, but alas.....

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. It is hard to have to deal with this. She is too young to understand the bigger picture.

Take care for now.

PrincessD's Mum