Essential Oils

Hi all,

Since PSC has a connection to Ulcerative Colitis, I was wondering if any of you have tried using 100% pure Essential Oils to aid in digestion? If so, what are your thoughts? What product/brand did you use? How quickly did you see improvements etc.? My husband (Ryan) and I have recently been told that Essential Oils work wonders and we think it may be worth trying since its all natural and not just more drugs having to be filtered through his liver, however, given it's price I want to make sure it's worthwhile.

Any info/help would be appreciated!

Leigh

I have read that some people swear by coconut oil.

Hi, Leigh -

my daughter has psc and ulcerative colitis and I am interested to hear exactly which oils you are referring to. We do try to use coconut oil in cooking and baking, but haven't really heard of others that would be good to try. your info would be a help!

Thanks!

Lynn

If you spend enough time on internet, you for sure will find lots of stuffs work wonders in people with autoimmune related diseases. Internet and Google have made it cheap and easy to spread words.

To spread words, and also to spend a LOT of money. Always remember that complementary medicines are just that: complements to physician-led therapy. Please be safe rather than sorry, and check with your doctor(s) before adding anything to your therapeutic regime!

Seenie

DHZ said:

If you spend enough time on internet, you for sure will find lots of stuffs work wonders in people with autoimmune related diseases. Internet and Google have made it cheap and easy to spread words.

Leigh,

I know that you asked your question many months ago, but I am new to the forum and thought I would respond in case you had not found an answer to your question. I have used essential oils since 2010. Just months after I was diagnosed with PSC. I decided to try them because I wasn’t doing very well at all. Essential oils are very powerful and not all brands are created equal. I have used multiple brands and the brand I use now is doTERRA because I get great results and they are pure enough to be taken internally, which is helpful when you have a digestive challenge. There are many oils that help support the digestive system and liver. Some basic and great oils for digestive challenges would be Ginger, Fennel and Peppermint. They can be applied topically over the abdomen or internally based on the brand. I have been able to manage my PSC challenges very well with essential oils, plant based digestive enzymes and some dietary adjustments. With oils, remember that it is better to use a little more often than many drops at once. You asked how soon you would see results and my answer to that is that I saw results quickly. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Been itching pretty bad lately. Have some lavemeder essential oil which I rub all over before bed, seems to be working.

Essential oils can get crazy pricy. If it were me I’d start with something made in Canada USA or Europe