Lemon Water

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site. I am a caretaker of my husband who has PSC. He has had it for about 6 years and monthly has had flu like symptoms which his GI tells him is part of PSC. When he gets these flu like symptoms, he is very fatigued, runs a temp of about 103, and he does not eat. It usually last about 24 hours. He was getting them every month almost to the hour. I started lemon water with him. He has 1/2 lemon juiced into a glass of water everyday. His symptoms have gone and his liver enzyme counts have been cut in half. In fact, all his numbers from blood work for PSC have been cut in half. He has not had flu like symptoms in about 5 months. I have no idea if it is the lemon water, but i think it is. I just wanted to share this with everyone. It sure would not hurt to try it since is all natural.

3 Likes

Hi Ermalinda,

This is very interesting and thanks for sharing. Do you add 1/2 lemon juice on every glass of water he has in a day?

or just once a day in his water intake? Hubby took blood test and GGT is still quite high even tho it had drop just a tiny bit.

Hi there,

I add only once to a tall glass of water. He drinks it every morning. I add a 1/2 lemon. I hope it helps....:)

Dennis said:

Hi Ermalinda, thanks for sharing this story. I will try it until my next blood test in January and will post here if there was any benefit. Please keep us updated if there are any new results.

Hi Dennis,

I hope it works, please keep us updated. I will also keep you updated. Good luck!!

CCI06272016_00006.pdf (382.7 KB)

3 Likes

Yes Yes!! Good job… This is a link to an older book that specifies liver conditions and the recommendation is to drink warm lemon water!!!

Thank you for sharing with others!

Just came on board to your support group. All this info is very informative. I had gallstones and learnt from Chinese medicine that lemon juice cleanses the liver and gallbladder. And it worked , I have less gallstones with the last ultrasound. Also bitters are good for the liver, a radish between meals. I have just been diagnosed with PCS, I haven’t any symptoms yet…thank you for sharing. I think diet plays a big part in keeping our autoimmune system stronger!

1 Like

I thought I might share something that I have used since the time I had two stents and a blockage in my common bile duct. I was diagnosed 7 years ago with PSC and I got bad pretty quickly. The doctors didn’t give me much hope so I looked for more answers. I was introduced to lemon essential oil which is much more powerful from an antioxidant stand point than lemon juice. Lemon oil helps the liver to produce the antioxidant glutathione which is considered the “major antioxidant” for the body. This helps to control inflammation and it supports healthy liver function and many other benefits. I also applied daily geranium oil topically over my liver because it supports liver and the biliary tree. My levels have been normal ever since. I am including a link on a medical study about citrus oils and the liver. If you have other questions or if I can help in any way let me know.

3 Likes

Interesting discussion! I have moved it from the “General” category to “Complementary Therapies”.
Please remember to check all complementary therapies with your physician: even the most seemingly innocuous supplement or remedy could have unexpected adverse effects.
Seenie

Do you just add the lemon to your water? And how much would you use, say in a water bottle?

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Yes. I use the juice of 1/2 of a lemon. :blush:

Hi Mark, when you said that you used geranium topically, do you mix it? I am assuming you buy the essential oils and mix with a base? Or do you buy it in a compound.

We are trying everything and anything right now, we are going to try and limit dairy but let him continue to eat his carbs and lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish)

He is scheduled for his first ercp in December, until then he’s going to have a rough go. On a positive note, he got to play hockey Friday night, his team was happy to see him back and he did Very well.

His energy seems good, but he can’t sleep through the night with all the itching.

Max,
I think it was StaffyFan that mentioned essential oils. I stayed away
from all those remedies when I had PSC. We all have to work this out but I
chose not to go that route. Perhaps StaffFan will respond back though.
So glad to hear that your son was able to play hockey Friday. He’s got
to continue on with his life as much as is possible. He will feel much
better after the ercp, well of course after a day or so from recovery.
Just a little tip on the ERCP. Make sure after the procedure you slowly
let him eat again. Maybe ginger ale and apple sauce, crackers, things like
that. After my first one, I was craving a milk shake. I ended up throwing
it all up on the way home just from riding in the car. Go lite, for the
first 24 hours. Also expect him to probably throw up at least once or
twice that evening after his ercp. They clean out a lot of gunk in those
ducts, and although the clean his stomach out the best they can, there will
continue to be drainage so he may throw up some pretty black stuff. It’s
all normal though and will pass soon. Take care.

Mark

Mark Wilson

â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

Hi Max,

Great to hear your son was able to get out and play! In response to your question about geranium you want to start very slow. Some skin types can be sensitive to it so I suggest a base of fractionated coconut oil. You could also use olive oil or sesame seed oil. I just put one or two drops over the liver/bile duct area and then one drop of geranium oil over the liver/bile duct area in the morning and one at night. I started very slow and I suggest you do the same. I just did this for a couple of weeks and then increased it to two drops one in the morning and at night. You don’t need a lot of geranium. A little oil more often is better than using many drops at once. Just watch your son. I stay away from store bought oils because most of them have fillers. You want to stick with oils labeled 100% pure therapeutic grade. If you are new to oils then two reputable companies are Doterra or Rocky Mountain Oils. I hope this helps.

Max- please do not add essential oils to bottles of water…only glass…otherwise it can corrode the plastics.

We use doterra brand for internal use lemon was $10
:slight_smile:[quote=“Max, post:11, topic:766, full:true”]
Do you just add the lemon to your water? And how much would you use, say in a water bottle?
[/quote]

1 Like

Max: I wasn’t sure if your question was answered. You will get a positive effect with just one drop in the water bottle, but I put 3-5 in mine. Mommymoses is right in that doterra is the best for internal use. They are the oils that I continue to use.

2 Likes

I’m brand new to the group, but I wanted to ask if anyone has tried a Kangen water machine. I’m looking to purchase one for my boyfriend because he has PSC and I feel like it could really help. Has anyone ever tried it though? The machines are pretty pricey so I figured I would ask here just to see.

Hi! May I ask how many drops you would put in a glass of the lemon oil?