Ursodeoxycholic acid related question if anyone can answer?

HI Elizabeth,

I am just curious as to what kind of vitamin supplements you are taking and also what kind of diet changes you've made. Can you give me advice on other things that have helped you....life style changes etc? We are needing any advice possible. I would like to mange the disease as naturally as possible.

elizabeth reumont said:

I used to take these capsules and do not any longer. Please be aware. There is -no proof- whatsoever that this medication will slow the progression of the disease. I went off of them after being on them for 4 years when I went into portal hypertension and had a stent inserted. My doctor, considered the best in London, said a paper came out about as any adverse affects as there are positive. So, you are free of course, to take this or to leave it, but I have now for 3 years been managing the disease on nothing but vitamin supplements, a healthy diet and lifestyle. Good luck to all of you, it is a very complicated, mysterious illness and nt many straightforward answers from doctors, who also are just doing te est they an to understand the illness.

UDCA itself is Chinese medicine. It is called URSOdeoxycholic acid since originally it was harvested from bears.

I use fish oil (find a kind with as high as possible DHA and as little as possible mercury) and vitamins A, D, E and K. These vitamins are absorbed less easily when the bile flow is diminished.

Regards,

Chaim Boermeester, Israel

Sabine said:

HI Elizabeth,

I am just curious as to what kind of vitamin supplements you are taking and also what kind of diet changes you've made. Can you give me advice on other things that have helped you....life style changes etc? We are needing any advice possible. I would like to mange the disease as naturally as possible.

My five year old son takes ursacol of 450ml per day, he weighs 21kg, I think a very high dose, but when the tava below this value it was very hard stools leading to fecalomas, is this high dose may affect it?