Results from biopsy in

Ended up in the hospital with fever,chills,and night sweats, they removed the stent and were then able to get a biopsy of the bile duct. The results were negative. Since then I have gotten my appetite back but the fatigue is still a big issue. Was wondering if anyone has had found anything that helps the debilitating fatigue.

Steph,
Glad you were able to get that stent out. They are sometimes needed but are prime for infections as well. Regarding the fatigue, it’s an unfortunate part of PSC. It’s important to get some form of core strengthening exercise in daily. For me, I walked at a steady pace on the treadmill for 30 minutes each day, or at least 5 days a week. That really helped. I was able to continue to work each day, but I must say when I got home I pretty much collapsed into my recliner until suppertime. Rest when your body tells you to rest, don’t feel bad about those extra naps, you will need them. Stay hydrated, make sure you are getting enough protein in your diet, etc. Hope this helps.

Mark
PSC 2011 / Liver Transplant 2015

1 Like

Thank you for your input. I think I will make an extra effort to exercise and see where that takes me. Thank you.

I put aside nap time to rest, even if I only sit still or lie down with my eyes closed. Taking breaks during and between the simplest of tasks, I give myself time to finish a chore or small goal for the day. I changed my expectations of myself, allowing for the fatigue. Going outside for 20 minute walks 2 to 3 times daily. My dog needs it, too, which helps reinvigorate me to take him out. I have AIH and PSC overlap, which both cause bone deep weariness and little to no energy. I hear you.

1 Like

I’m beginning to understand that I have to now change my expectations for what I will get done in a day. Thank you for your input. Wishing you the best.

Hi Steph,

Glad to hear your results were negative and you’re grinning your appetite back. Stents - love them when they work, hate them when they don’t. I’m sorry you had a negative experience.

My advice regarding the fatigue: Listen to your body and give yourself permission to rest, keep moving if you can without injury or over exhaustion , and eat for energy (bananas, lentils, dark chocolate to name a few).

Take care,

Thank you Gloria.