Photo

Good morning everyone,

I was just thinking how nice it would be if all of us posted a photo of ourselves.

This group is about all of us being in the same fight, all of us struggling at different times. Having a photo, I believe, simply personalizes things a wee bit more.

If you want and if you can, I would love to see more photos of everyone.

Thanks so much,

Stephen

Very good idea Stephen, let me comb my hair first....DaveCJ

Thanks Stephen, almost 15 yrs. old and still running great !!! I'm a lot older than that and not running quite as great, but I'm hanging in there...lol...DaveCJ

Hi Stephen, Nice to see your post. I was diagnosed with PSC this past April. Got the news literally the day I was supposed to leave for Thailand. My disease was discovered through blood work which showed significant increase in my enzymes. etc.... A biopsy and MRI confirmed this too. I am though at an early stage, minor symptoms at this point, but the fatigue is rough at times. Nice to be part of this group!!!

Stephen Cox (formerly Big Steel) said:

Hi Elsie,

It's good to hear from you.

Your story is interesting. Getting your diagnosis the day you were heading to Thailand must have been a shock.

It's good to hear that your PSC is stable apart from the fatigue. It's tough to deal with fatigue, you can take a 2 hour nap wake up and still feel exhausted. I have found this tough to deal with.

We are glad you are part of this group. Keep in touch. We are all in this fight together.

Stephen

HI Stephen, Yes it was quite a shock, but maybe good in a way as I needed to keep busy and I did not have time to think about it much. I actually the final diagnosis while I was In Thailand, when the MRI results were available on my hospitals web site. My Dr said I am at a stage one. I was supposed to go see her in May, but something just does not seem right lately and I will be going March 12. One thing I have noticed is that I am having a lot of trouble with my blood pressure lately. A bit more abdominal discomfort, but I am trying to remain positive. I am glad to be a part of this group, with others who are going through this. Do u have problems with your blood pressure too? Do you follow a certain diet that helps you? Thanks for your reply and I look forward to hearing from you!!!

Thank you so much for your response and very helpful suggestions. I do tend at times to go overboard on the salt. I will work on that. I do not drink at all, so that is good. When I first found out about the PSC, My Dr said to make sure that I eat well, I am working hard on that. I am looking forward to spring where I will be outside a lot and getting more fresh air and exercise. I also have MS and am on meds for that, which I believe could be contributing to the high bp. I eat very little fried and fatty foods for more, I have found that my stomach just cannot handle those foods anymore. Thanks so much for your support I am so grateful for it, this is a scary disease and nice to know I am not alone. I go to Dartmouth on the 12th for an MRI bloodwork to see where things stand. Please feel free to let me know how you are doing and if u ever need to chat. I am early on in the disease, but I am a caring person and believe that it helps so much if we know someone is there for us.Have a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you