Nutrition and Liver

Dear Joe V,

Thank you for posting your post. I also use Plantfusion for my daughter. I use to religiously soak lemons, cucumbers and mint in a jug of water and give this to my daughter in addition to almond milk or coconut milk and water. I think I need to restart that regime. People have questioned my methods, but I too saw a difference when I was strict.

Take care,

PrincessD's Mum

Joe V and PrincessD,

I am thrilled to hear about your results, and they make me even more motivated to carry on with my diet. I am only a few weeks into the Paleo diet, and there may be months before I have any new bloodwork. However, I already notice a few things that I did not really expect:

-I am much less tired (used to feel sleepy after lunch and exhausted after work - not anymore!)

- When I move I feel I have much more energy. Maybe it sounds stupid, but I feel like "15 years younger and 15 kg less"(even though I am not overweight).

- No more stabs of pain in the abdomen (which I had now and then before)

- I could go on, but in short, I simply feel good, while I used to feel badly out of shape.

I just hope that my liver test values next time will not be a big disappointment!

I try to follow the basic Paleo (but am changing slowy into something more like the Specific Carbohydrate Diet), + a few supplements: a multivitamin mix, fish oil and "Lactiplus" probiotics (a mix of Rosell strands made by Lallemand in Canada). I could be more strict for sure, but already following the rules 95% seems to make a big difference. Vegan with protein supplements sounds like a very interesting idea, but I fear I do not have the discipline for that!

Dear Mats,

I am positive your liver numbers will love it. I don't know if you saw the other thread I had up about "AST, ALT.....". The only difference was I was being more strict with the Paleo Diet and minimising my daughter's processed food intake. The doctors had spoken about increasing the steriods etc and when we went in with the insinuation that they will need to keep us in, they actually sent us home.".

My daughter takes HMF Genestra Probiotics. They are supposed to be amazing. I think we all have to admit that it is hard to adhere to the straight and narrow, but as someone pointed out, if you fall off the path, just get back up and follow as closely as you can. It would be ideal if we all could eat that way 100% of the time, but 50% is better than 25% and 10% is better than 0%, right?

Take care and it is lovely to hear from an adult. My daughter can't articulate everything I would love to know. She always seems to have a duracell battery plugged into her. Even the doctors are amazed that her blood count would extremely low and she would be running around, singing and dancing. :)

Take care as always,

PrincessD's Mum